[Radiance-general] Rendering fields

atelier iebele abel atelier at iebele.nl
Tue Jul 5 11:39:19 CEST 2005

Hi,

Working on an animation for video/tv, I need to render fields. Instead
of rendering two frames apart and composit both into one image with
fields later, I am thinking about a solution in wich I render two
viewpoints in one image directly.
In this image all even scanlines should show view01 and all odd
scanlines should show view 2 (or in reverse order, I dont know yet).

Currently I work with the following command to render my animation with:
vwrays -fd -vf view8_0001.vp -pa 0 -x 2880 -y 2304 | rtrace -av 20 20 20
-ab 0 -st 0.01  -x $1  -y $1 -fdd -ovpN model-ani.oct

I think it should be possible to extend this command in order to fit my
need, but I don't know where to start.

An example of the result I like to achieve can be found on
http://www.toren.com/radiance/fields.jpg

Iebele

PS:
In 2003 (?) we discussed in this forum about imageprocessing for
animation. Two years later, I managed to create some images.
I put the very first result on http://www.toren.com/radiance/imgshader.html.
The processed image shown there is created by a program I wrote that
reads the output from the above command:
vwrays -fd -vf view8_0001.vp -pa 0 -x 2880 -y 2304 | rtrace -av 20 20 20
-ab 0 -st 0.01  -x $1  -y $1 -fdd -ovpN model-ani.oct,
so I am rather dependend of this output of rtace. In other words, I am
searching for a solution to render two views in one image, using
somewhat the same pipeline as I do now.