[Radiance-general] Waldram projection camera views.

Nicholas Lander njlander at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jan 31 23:17:41 CET 2005

Nick,

If you’re looking at right to light issues, I’d
suggest using a simpler program, such as Ecotect
(www.squ1.com)  which calculates waldram diagrams for
you.  If memory serves, waldram diagrams come up in
terms of view of sky / skylight availability, which
are geometric issues, rather than ones of daylight.

Then you can just use Radiance in the regular way to
work out change in available daylight in a room.

Regards,

Nick L

>Hi Nick,
>
>Try writing a .cal file that deforms a regular grid
>of rays into a
>waldram grid.  You can find the equation for
>waldrams in oen of Percy J.
>Waldram's publications.  You can then fire the
>deformed rays into your
>scene, deforming the final render.
>
>You can then overlay the grid by writing >another
.cal file that