[Radiance-general] Re: graphing radiance raytrace paths

Gregory J. Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 22:35:42 CET 2005

Hi Jelle,

Check out the "xshowtrace" command.  It uses rtrace on an image to
superimpose ray paths you select.  It doesn't show a side-view with the
camera in the image, unfortunately.  There's an exercise for the
reader!

-Greg

> From: "Jelle Feringa // EZCT / Paris" <jelle.feringa at ezct.net>
> Date: January 25, 2005 1:34:07 PM PST

Hi,

What I would love to do is to produce a graph depicting the rays a
radiance rendering actually consists of, moving from the camera back to
the light source.

What would be an appropriate way of doing so? Would a radiance holodeck
file do the trick, since from what I understood, its storing the actual
traced rays in a file format.

The other question would be how many rays such a graph should contain,
probably a 100k is more than sufficient for such a graph, while an
actual radiance render would consist of many more. Looking forward
hearing your suggestions!

 Cheers,

Jelle.