[Radiance-general] Problems using hdrgen for hdri generation

Fitzsimmons, Rob Rob.Fitzsimmons at Summit.Fiserv.com
Thu Jan 6 22:57:35 CET 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Despina Michael
To: Radiance general discussion
Sent: 1/6/2005 1:44 PM
Subject: Re: [Radiance-general] Problems using hdrgen for hdri generation

Thank you for your answers. Both are really very useful!

.. I am still a little bit confused about aperture...
Does big aperture number (big depth of field) mean that you "focus" (if
i can use this term) on the whole scene?

the opposite - the bigger the number (f 16), the smaller the aperture, and
yet,
the larger the depth of field

and does small aperture (small debth of field) mean that you focus only
on the foreground?
big aperture (f 2.8) = more light / less depth of field
small aperture (f 11) = less light / more depth of field

Look at this page - gives a decent demonstation of the relationships
http://www.photonhead.com/exposure/exposure.php

HTH
Rob

In my case I take photos of a mirrored ball in order to create a light
probe.
What I really need to use for aperture? Small or big values as aperture
number?

Thanks,
Despina
 <<ATT476996.txt>>