[Radiance-general] Sun Color

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 17:37:30 CET 2005

Hi Marcus,

This can be done with an appropriate insertion of rcalc in your
Radiance command.  In the scene file, you would modify your gensky line
to read:

!gensky 6 21 12 | rcalc -p -i sunlight.fmt \
	-e 'sr=1.035*si;sg=1.003*si;sb=0.826*si' \
	-o 'void light solar 0 0 3 ${sr} ${sg} ${sb}'

The color for the sun is converted from the CIE (x,y) chromaticity for
standard illuminant B, which is (0.3485,0.3517).  The file
"sunlight.fmt" must contain the following:

void light solar
0
0
3 ${si} ${si} ${si}

You'll need the latest version of rcalc (3.6.1 release), as previous
versions did not have the -p option.

Hope this works for you.
-Greg