[Radiance-general] scripting genprism | no explicit holes problem

Jelle Feringa // EZCT / Paris jelle.feringa at ezct.net
Thu Jan 6 15:07:03 CET 2005

Dear All,

I'm working on a python script which I use to generate polygon description
to describe walls, in order to automate an architectural design process.
(building on the  http://www.dezentral.de/soft/Polygon/index.html module)

Using an excellent library, all my functions are in place... the data is
ready to be shipped to genprism... if it wasn't for No Explicit Holes
Problem

Here you see (simplified) version of a polygon I'd like genprism to produce
a wall from...

[(4.059, 4.0599), (3.939, 4.059), (3.93, 3.93), (4.059, 3.99), (8.0, 0.0),
(0.0, 0.0), (0.0, 8.0), (8.0, 8.0)]

Nothing special, except I need to find a way to produce the Invisible Seams,
since holes aren't supported explicitly.

I'm almost sure some of you have been running into this problem as well, and
so far I haven't been able to find a suitable solution for my problem so far
(I'm learning programming... so please go easy on me ;-)

If you're as fortunate as me and also have a copy of the excellent Rendering
with Radiance, this problem is described at page 52 / 145.

#described, there's no suggestion of dealing with the problem...

Your help is appreciated!

Cheers,

Jelle