[Radiance-general] Cubic, not spherical light map in IBL tutorial

Tarik Rahman tarik.rahman at ed.ac.uk
Fri Feb 18 17:07:38 CET 2005

Hi there
I've just realised that the picture in the IBL tutorial of the rendering with
the beach_probe.hdr is done using a cubic light map

!genbox light_probe ibl_environment 500 500 500 -i | xform -t -250 -18 -250
this is the same line as in Rendering with Natural Light

and therefore it's not done with the spherical map as stated in the tutorial

light_probe source ibl_environment
0
0
4 0 1 0 360
as I get arendering which is all fuzzy and incorrect

Relating to my last message, still wonder where the 0.159154943 value comes from
in angmap.cal

Tarik

--
Tarik Rahman
PhD student, Institute of Perception, Action and Behaviour