[Radiance-general] Divide by zero with colorpict

Jack de Valpine jedev at visarc.com
Fri Feb 11 20:25:46 CET 2005

I think that this error is resulting from one of the functions in the
.cal (angmap.cal?) . In this case acos() is probably being fed a value
outside the bounds -1 to 1, acos() is defined to return an error outside
these bounds (man acos). An alternative is to use Acos() (see
rayinit.cal), which I believe forces the boundary condition. It is
likely that the subsequent divide by zero error is related to the domain
error with acos(). Of course this is largely a guess based on the error
output you indicated. If we had the cal to lookout then this might
provide more information.

-Jack