[Radiance-general] Macbethcal Reflectances

Marcus Jacobs marcdevon at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 23 19:44:09 CET 2005

Greg,

I decided to go back and try to set up another calibration file. I used the
same steps that I used before. The software associated with the flatbed
scanner has no direct exposure controls, however there is an option (which I
select) to do no color correction. This, I believe, prevents the enactment
of the auto exposure feature. Here are the results (debug.pic) from my
latest scan Macbeth color chart scan:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/marcdevon/MacbethColorChart_12212005002_templ.jpg

As you can see, many colors were out of gamut however the white and neutrals
were able to be calibrated.  After running pcomb with my color swatch, the
reflectances were still high (0.80 < x < 0.95 on a scale from 0 - 1). Here
is the paint color swatch before calibration:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/marcdevon/Behr_White_before.jpg

and after calibration

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/marcdevon/Behr_White_after.jpg

I usually take the sample and the center of each. Do you believe that the
overall reflectances are valid or out of range?

Thanks

Marcus