[Radiance-general] Radiance plug-in for 3DS

Jack de Valpine jedev at visarc.com
Wed Dec 21 19:21:30 CET 2005

Hi Jeff,

When you say 3D Studio do you mean Max or Viz? There is an okino
polytrans plug-in for Max for geometry conversion in/out. Though I do
understand that the main issue is getting the material assignments from
Revit as well.

Also here is something that I grabbed off of the following list:
http://www.formz.com/forum/forum_archive/forumC/general/186.html

There are a number of limitations and features of 3DS format that we
must keep in mind. First and most important limitation is the 65535
triangle limit on any single object. The 3DS file also has an object
limit of 65535 objects.

-Jack