[Radiance-general] Radiance plug-in for 3DS

Jack de Valpine jedev at visarc.com
Mon Dec 19 20:08:37 CET 2005

Here is a simple version that was originally posted by John Mardaljevic in response to similar queries ([Radiance-general] ConRAD / 3ds2rad converter - ArchiCAD -> Radiance)

#!/bin/csh -f

set tds = $1

set nam = $tds:r

3ds2mgf $tds

mgfilt '#,c,cct,cmix,cspec,cxy,cyl,ed,f,ies,ir,m,o,p,prism,rd,rs,sides,sph,td,ts,v,xf,fh' $nam.mgf |
mgf2rad -m mat$nam.rad >! $nam.rad

rm $nam.mgf $nam.inc

What problems have you had?

-Jack