[Radiance-general] Sun too close to zenith

Rob Guglielmetti rpg at rumblestrip.org
Wed Dec 7 22:59:46 CET 2005

Hi all,

I'm using Francesco Anselmo's "radmap" script to generate some annual
skies for a fairly low latitude, and for a portion of the summer gensky
throws me a warning: "sun too close to zenith, reducing altitude to 87
degrees".  This adjustment creates a slight "bump" in the summertime
corner of the analemma when you view a hemispherical fisheye projection
of the annual sun positions.  (The sun positions are being generated by
the script, which is getting its info from an epw weather file.)

What is the cause for gensky relocating my suns to 87 degrees?

- Rob Guglielmetti