[Radiance-general] Area lights breaking up?

Rob Guglielmetti rpg at rumblestrip.org
Tue Aug 23 21:47:15 CEST 2005

Ian Tester wrote:

>I've tried fiddling with -dj and -ds, and a few other rpict parameters, but
>they don't seem to do much at all. Is this a bug in Radiance 3.7 or am I
>doing something wrong? I've never had this problem with area lights in
>Radiance before.

Are you sure?  I'm pretty sure that effect you see is the result of the
-ds parameter subdividing your largeish area source into smaller bits.
Fiddling with -ds should have changed the number of sources you saw in
your reflections.  Setting -ds to 0 turns this off, which you may want
to try.

- Rob Guglielmetti
www.rumblestrip.org