[Radiance-general] Area lights breaking up?

Ian Tester ian at testers.homelinux.net
Tue Aug 23 21:29:16 CEST 2005

Hi,
	I'm having trouble with a scene I'm rendering. I have billiard balls that
are a "plastic" material and a large area light above them. For some reason
the area light appears in their reflections as a grid of squares (or
circles now that I've changed the roughness). The shadows even show this
break-up of the area light.

Here's a small sample:
http://www.ian.testers.homelinux.net/dump/billiard_main4.weird
(hosted on my ADSL line, be nice!)

I've tried fiddling with -dj and -ds, and a few other rpict parameters, but
they don't seem to do much at all. Is this a bug in Radiance 3.7 or am I
doing something wrong? I've never had this problem with area lights in
Radiance before.

thanks,
bye