[Radiance-general] Radiance 3.7.1 patch release

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 20:03:30 CEST 2005

Hello All,

I was expecting to hear back about compile problems from a number of
people by this point, but so far the airwaves have been silent.
Either 3.7 is compiling flawlessly in a lot of unexpected places, or
everyone's too busy enjoying their summers to have given it a try.

Nevertheless, I found one rather serious bug in the new Russian
roulette sampling code, urging me to post a patch release, which is
now available from:

     http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/download.html

I have also recompiled everything under Linux, FreeBSD, and Mac OS
X.  These files have not been posted as yet on radiance-online, as
Peter A-B is off on vacation for the week.  I expect he'll get around
to it before too long, and meanwhile the HEAD dump will be very close
to 3.7.1 (if not identical).

I hope to see some of you at the Radiance workshop next week.