[Radiance-general] mapping texture

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at zwielicht.escape.de
Mon Aug 1 22:48:11 CEST 2005

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 10:58:32 +0900, Huangwx at kyotoUniv. wrote:
> I use "frac(U) frac(V) " to tile the texture just like an example
> I found on the Internet. But I found there are other methods to do
> so such as "tile_u tile_v". I have searched in the book "Rendering
> with Radiance", but can not find explanation about it.  Also I can
> not find further explanations of function clip( ) and noop( ). Is
> there anything I can refer to or are they just somwhere in the book
> "Rendering with Radiance"?
>
> Would you please help me on this naive question? Thanks a lot.

Hi Huang.

Sorry for the late reply, I hope you did not despaire yet.

You can find a few of the mapping types illustrated here:

http://home.arcor.de/tbleicher/radiance/imagemaps.html#mapping_types

I wrote this two years ago and can't remember where I got my
information from in the first place; probably try-and-error.

Hth, Thomas