[Radiance-general] mksource program

Ian Tester ian at testers.homelinux.net
Wed Apr 20 21:05:17 CEST 2005

Fitzsimmons, Rob wrote:
> Okay,
> II'll be the guy sitting in the corner with the cone hat
>
> What should the octree consist of exactly?
>
> I tried a rnl box - projected with angmap.cal
> Made an octree and used it with mkillum.
> But it produced no output.
> probably because geometry is ignored...
>
> I don't  get how it can derive anything from a probe without geometry -  the
> probe image has to be projected onto something - right?
>
> I can't make an octree directly of a probe pic - can I?
>
> Rob "another question" Fitz

Below is what I've always used, taken from the example given by Paul
Debevec. I haven't used a light probe with mkillum yet. I had noticed that
I needed at least -ab 1 (really INDIRECT=1 in the .rif file) to make a
light probe work. I suppose using mkillum would allow the use of -ab 0
while still lighting up the scene?

---

void colorpict hdr_probe_image
7       red     green   blue    uffizi_probe.hdr        angmap.cal      u
0
0

hdr_probe_image glow light_probe
0