Problem solved somehow. (Re: [Radiance-general] instance problem?)

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Mon Apr 18 14:26:28 CEST 2005

Hi again.

I've changed the scripts which build my model. I had a hierarchical
structure of nested octrees (instances), which were not really good. I
had used this structure as I wanted to "bundle" geometry into some more
cubic-like clusters. In fact, I did the opposite as I later "invented"
the use of ximage to repeat objects - the result was that the octree
contained not this "cube-like" block, but all the instances of this
block - and thus this octree was not cube-like any more.

Now I use instances only on a lower level, for small objects, and use
xform everywhere else. The errors are gone, as there are fewer
overlappings of octrees now.

CU and thanks a lot, Lars.