[Radiance-general] rad command

Rob Guglielmetti rpg at rumblestrip.org
Fri Sep 10 17:32:33 CEST 2004

Hi Tarik,

What's happening there is that your system has a symlink to the vi text
editor named 'rview', which is also the old name for the model viewer in
Radiance (which your model is fed to when you run rad with the -o x11
switch).  The symlink is in a directory further up the path prescedence
chain than the rview executable, so it's being called by rad instead of
the rview you want.

What version of radiance are you using?  rview was recently renamed to
rvu to get around this problem.  If this is your personal system, you
could also locate the link and remove it, that's what I used to do (I
could never understand why people would rather type 'rview' for an
executable called 'vi').

----

      Rob Guglielmetti

e. rpg at rumblestrip.org