[Radiance-general] Official RADIANCE 3.6 release

Greg Ward gward at lmi.net
Fri Oct 22 00:37:51 CEST 2004

Well, it's about time.

With Georg Mischler's and Peter Apian-Bennewitz's help, we now have a
new, official release of Radiance: Version 3.6.  This is essentially
the HEAD release with an official designation, so the only real benefit
to installing it is knowing where you stand in relation to other users
of the system.  Also, we have made Linux and Mac OS X binaries
available for your convenience, and with the generous help of our
community, will hopefully be adding to this list in the days and weeks
ahead.

 From the U.S., the new distribution may be downloaded from the LBNL
Radiance website:

	http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/download.html

 From Europe, it will be closer to use Peter's radiance-online server:

	http://www.radiance-online.org/software/

Note that the links to binaries may not be updated immediately for the
new release.  To find out what release you have installed, "rpict
-version" should tell you.  The official 3.6 version will say:

	RADIANCE 3.6 official release 21 Oct 2004 by Greg Ward

Incidentally, I have a number of CDs leftover from the workshop.  If
anyone wants to send me a self-addressed, stamped envelope, I'll be
happy to mail one out to them.  The postage is probably a dollar or so,
and the envelope has to fit a CD.  Probably most of you who have an
interest have already downloaded a copy from radiance-online, but in
case there are some folks stuck with a 56K modem, this is your chance.

-Greg

P.S.  My address for the CD offer:
	1200 Dartmouth St., #C
	Albany, CA  94706-2358