[Radiance-general] Rvu window?

Greg Ward gward at lmi.net
Tue Nov 9 17:45:46 CET 2004

I think Rob is right.  As I said in my initial reply, many window
managers under X11 override the client window dimensions, and some can
even be instructed how to override these dimensions for specific
programs via a preferences file.  Unfortunately, each window manager
has its own way of doing this, so we need to ask the X11 gurus out
there how it might be done.  I don't really know how Gnome handles
things, for instance.  Under twm, the user can create a ".twmrc" file
in their home directory, which contains the variable "MaxWindowSize"
that may be set to control the maximum dimensions for any client
application.  Related variables are UsePPosition and RandomPlacement.
I don't have a reference, but I know the Solaris window manager can
direct individual client placements.

However, I agree that a -geom option would be a nice addition, and I'll
look into it if there's enough interest.  I'm also curious what people
have to say in response to Carsten's query about output dimensions
versus view angles.  I always considered the latter to be more
important, but I'm willing to be proved wrong democratically.

-Greg