[Radiance-general] Off-topic: PLEASE VOTE!!

Rob Guglielmetti rpg at rumblestrip.org
Mon Nov 1 17:21:37 CET 2004

Greg Ward wrote:
> I think most of the people on
> this list are not so lucky as to live in the god-blessed U.S. of A., the
> greatest country on the planet (soon to be the only country on the
> planet).  I feel really sorry for you.  All you bystanders can do is
> fret.

As I walked to work this morning I passed a huge dump truck belonging to
a demolition company that was parked in front of a construction site.
Painted on the grille were the words "Shock 'n Awe!".  Hmmm...

Yesterday on the road I passed a car with a sticker on the rear
windshield depicting an American flag and the words "Fear This".

I'm fretting, and I *live* here.  It seems that many of my fellow
citizens think life is a football (*not* "soccer") game, or a gang
fight.  They haven't evolved past high school gym class, they can't
pronounce "nuclear", and ironically enough, can't use the word
"hegemony" in a sentence.

I agree Greg.  If you're one of the blessed ones, get out there tomorrow
and try to make a difference:

http://www.rumblestrip.org/weblog/214/youd-better-think

-Rob G.