[Radiance-general] radiance error message

Jeffrey McGrew toast at becausewecan.org
Tue May 4 17:46:58 CEST 2004

> Have to mention that the Rayfront distribution contains versions for
> Linux, Solaris and Windows... (just no Mac OS X at the moment :'( ).

Whoops! Sorry there. Didn't know. :-)

> And, yes, Linux is more fun (or any other kind of ix-like os), but you
> won't have AutoCad on Linux (if you don't start using AutoCad on Linux
> with Wine, which is afaik possible).

Somewhat possible. It's a challenge from the research I've done, and
might not really work with the newer versions of AutoCAD. I know that
it doesn't work for Revit :'(

Hey, on another note, I can't get TORAD or RADOUT to work under
AutoCAD 2004/2005. Since I'm working for a Autodesk Reseller now (to
have more time to devote to my own business and my pursuit of my
Architect's license) I handed both off to a friend here who's way
Lisp/ARX savvy (he was on the 'express tools' team) and he's gonna
look them over. If he's able to fix them, I'll send them back to you.
I still use them for Revit's exporting to DXF isn't finegrained enough
to meet my needs, so I have to tweak layers in AutoCAD and then use
TORAD/RADOUT from there to get to Radiance...

Jeffrey