[Radiance-general] Whats causing these problems in my pics?

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Sun Mar 28 22:23:25 CEST 2004

Hi,

looks like indirect lighting problems. You might try to increase the
different values for the indirect calculation or think about using
illums. The scene has quite difficult light sources (e.g. the window
with the complex geometry) that make the probability of indirect rays
to hit your sky (which seams to be the most important source) rather
low... I would try to use illums for the window.

I would really like to know how you mapped the text on the (rather
arbitrary) surface of the book? Is the book modeled in a CAD or a
result of maths... (which is somehow the same - I know ;-) ?

Maybe some experts follow... indirect errors and these kinds of
artifacts are quite a topic here ;-)))

CU+good luck, Lars.
--
Lars O. Grobe