[Radiance-general] instances

Fitzsimmons, Rob Rob.Fitzsimmons at Summit.Fiserv.com
Wed Mar 24 01:34:14 CET 2004

I'm getting sporatic errrors when I'm using the instance primitive...

   "Modifier in tree; octree stale?"

Apperantly, it says I'm using a modifier in the instance that was already
defined in a .rad?

My rif file list these scenes

scene= overcast.rad - # lighting
material= Officemat.rad   #materials only
scene= OfficestallNC.rad  #geometry only
scene= memberservices.rad  - # contains  2 instances  deskdude.oct  and
helpcube.oct
   # deskdude.oct         contains       deskdude.rad
   #  helpcube.oct         contains       basicdude0.rad and cube.rad

I have looked through to make sure I'm not duplicating (or relying on)
previous modifiers

I'm not getting what I might be missing - the render will work for a while -
then I change a viewpoint and restart the rif - that's when I get the error.

Any Ideas or tips?

Thanks Rob F