[Radiance-general] rhcopy/rholo

Giulio Antonutto Giulio.Antonutto at arup.com
Mon Jun 28 10:25:41 CEST 2004

I am just guessing:
did you tried this:

rholo -r -o x11  your.hdk

(without -n and your.hif)
hope it helps,
giulio

-----Original Message-----
From: radiance-general-bounces at radiance-online.org
[mailto:radiance-general-bounces at radiance-online.org]On Behalf Of O Graf
Sent: 25 June 2004 16:47
To: radiance-general at radiance-online.org
Subject: [Radiance-general] rhcopy/rholo

Hi!

I've just copied one holodeck file into another hdk-file using rhcopy, which
seemed to work fine, i.e. without error messages, but unfortunately I don't
see
any changes in the destination file when I start rholo. Actually there is an
option -r for the rholo command which is supposed to open the holodeck file
only for reading, but each time I try to use it with the destination
hdk-file i
get the following error:

           rholo: fatal - cannot create read-only holodeck

It doesn't matter how I use rholo, without or without -n/-o, this error
appears
every time. Maybe I'm missing something about how to use this -r option? Or
is
there another possibility just to view the content of a holodeck file
without
actually recalculating the rays?

Thanks!

regards,