[Radiance-general] Re: output in holodeck file

Greg Ward gward at lmi.net
Mon Jun 21 14:26:48 CEST 2004

Hi Olga,

> The purpose is to try to manipulate a holodeck file in terms of
> inserting an
> artificial object (like a mirrored shpere) into a laser scan of a
> room. Of
> course it is possible to do so in the appropriate .rad file (or in the
> octree),
> but I was just wondering if it's also possible to do it directly by
> changing
> the actual holodeck file. This is why I wanted to see the actual
> values.

I don't recommend inserting samples into a holodeck for this purpose,
but you could create one or more rpict pictures and use rhcopy to add
these to the holodeck manually.  Adding the object to the octree is a
much more robust solution, however.  If you were to insert samples
using rhcopy, you could end up with some odd reconstruction errors in
rholo.