[Radiance-general] mosiac with mixpict? (was: Re: Transparent Textures in Radiance)

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Tue Jul 20 19:51:52 CEST 2004

Hi Greg, hi list!

> Using mixpict to achieve transparency can be done in one of two ways.
> The preferred method is to specify "void" as one of the alternate
> materials,

Sorry, first thank you for the reply, but I had better changed the
subject line (I didn't because I wanted to add to the old thread, which
was about transparency and mixpict, showing mixpict useage by an
example). I don't want to map on a transparent surface, but an opaque
one, to describe a mosaic. If I used the void modifier, I think I would
have to model three surfaces, so that each surface takes one material
modified by the mixpict "mask" - that doesn't sound very reasonable to
me. So the question is still if I can use a mixpict-modified material
as background in a mixpict modifier's definition, some kind of nested
mixpict modifier.

Thanks+CU Lars.
--
Lars O. Grobe