[Radiance-general] Radiance Render Server

Jeffrey McGrew toast at becausewecan.org
Tue Apr 20 19:45:59 CEST 2004

OK, so I've got this idea to make a Radiance Render server. Basically
it will be a computer that sits in my closet, running Linux, that I
can e-mail it a render job and have it e-mail back the finished images.

First off: Before I replicate a bunch of work, is there already
something like this out there available? I know that Design Workshop
has a render server available via a web form.

Second off: Would it even be feasible to use e-mail as the way to
submit and receive jobs? The jobs would probably be rather large, so I
guess I'll have to figure something out. Just seems very simple to
make some programs that would take an e-mail and run with it than to
have to build a web front end or something...

Thanks for any input,

Jeffrey McGrew