[Radiance-general] Photon Map?

Rob Guglielmetti [email protected]
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 22:47:50 -0700

On Wednesday, September 24, 2003, at 05:40 AM, Weismann Stephan wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> wich is the status of the photon map tool, developed by Roland
> Schregle?
> At the ISE website i only found a beta version. Will there anywhen
> come up a
> 'stable' version?
> Will there anywhen come up a more comfortable integration into
> Radiance, or will
> it be compiled anywhen in the Radiance source?

Hi Stephan,

Forgive me if this had been answered already I am "disconnected" at the
moment, have not checked my email in several hours and am just sitting
down now to reply to some others, and will not send this till tomorrow,
so the info may be a bit stale by then.  The photon map tool was part
of Roland's PhD, and AFAIK it's sort-of "stalled" right now, he's doing
some validations and the like.  Also, I believe it *is* stable.  You
might also wanna check out Francesco Anselmo's compiled source
packages; you have the option of downloading the Radiance release with
the photon map module, precompiled, in a variety of formats (.rpm,
etc...)  As far as future development, you'll have to talk to Roland...

Rob Guglielmetti
[email protected]
www.rumblestrip.org