[Radiance-general] Re: -ar, -ad, -as, ahh $#*@!

Rob Guglielmetti [email protected]
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 14:47:04 -0400

Jack de Valpine wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> Wow, big improvement!
>
> I may not have communicated well about which option to use. The option I
> meant was the last one with the one polygon that closes the coffer. I
> was counting 1, 2, 3 after the base case diagram, sorry.

OK, thanks for the clarification.  But I need to use the last option
anyway, because a closer inspection of my coffers (it's not my model)
shows that the baffles do project below the ceiling plane.  So I have a
depressed box around it.

> As far as the light "artifacts" around the coffers, I have to guess that
> those are geometry. You may want to make sure everything is an illum
> type. And  also triple check the orientation of polygons (maybe make
> them lights or glows and objview just the light polygons to check
> orientation.

OK, I'll dissect the scene files, thanks.

----

      Rob Guglielmetti

e. [email protected]
w. www.rumblestrip.org