[Radiance-general] PFILT is crashing constantly...

Giulio Antonutto [email protected]
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:45:58 +0100

may be the caracter '>' is not recognized..... looks strange...
did you:
"pfilt .... pic1 > pic2" ?

giulio

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey McGrew [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 10 September 2003 17:40
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Radiance-general] PFILT is crashing constantly...

I've been having a very strange error,
one that makes me feel like it's something
that I'm doing wrong.

The PFILT command won't run properly at all.
What's strange is that it doesn't run properly
under Linux (Mandrake) or Cygwin, at home or at
work. All installations (home/work & Cygwin/Mandrake)
were from pre-complied binaries.

If PFILT is run by RAD automatically (to turn
an unfinished render into a .pic) then there
aren't any problems. But if you run PFILT
independently, it just starts to spit garbage
to the term, and continues until it's killed
off. It does this no matter what options are
passed to it.

Do I need to have PFILT not be pre-complied
for these systems? Is there some fundamental
thing I'm missing about PFILT? can I only
use PFILT as part of RAD? I haven't tried
to pass options via my .rif file to PFILT
yet, that's my next step, to see if it
behaves then.

Thanks,

Jeffrey