[Radiance-general] distance forsky dome

Santiago Torres [email protected]
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 01:38:58 +0900

Hello Kouichi,

I think the best way is using Brightdata or Colordata. I know these take a
data file as input, but I`ve never tried them myself.

another problem is the value measured at sun`s position. As I understood
your method, you`d be modeling the sun with a polygon of greater area than
the real sun, but with the same luminance, which will produce excessive
illuminance. One solution could be to use an average value over the surface
(difficult to calculate) so you`d get correct illuminance but wrong
luminances... or am I missing something? Probably someone with more
experience can correct me here.

Santiago