[Radiance-general] Plants, Landscaping, Entourage, and Radiance...

Lars O. Grobe [email protected]
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 22:26:40 +0200

Hi,

the trick is to use (frozen) octrees as instances and exclude these
objects from the ambient calculation. Usually you don't need their
ambient contribution. I did this with urban design models and LOTS OF
trees (go to www.3dcafe.com ;-)

Ok, I am sure that you have been told about that. I would like to add
that the easy way to do is to use markers in your cad-model. You place
triangles on one layer per object-type (e.g. one layer car_ferrari, one
layer tree_oak, ...). After you converted from cad to rad, you can use
radiance to replace the markers with instances. That's the nicest way
to place objects I know about - just click the triangles in your CAD
where the objects are to appear later.

If you really want to do everything the gui-way... Georg Mischler's
rayfront (www.schorsch.com) handles the triangle-marker replacement.

CU and good luck, Lars.

--
Lars O. Grobe