[Radiance-general] mist

Roland Schregle [email protected]
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 00:58:08 +0100

matan wrote:
> hallo to u all!!!
> im a graduate student dealing with agricultural eng. and i found radiance
> very usefull in determining optimal tree prunning.
> my problem is such. i found from field experiments extinction of light into
> the canopy (avocado in my case) and i was told using the "mist" material i
> could model it on radiance.

Hi Matan,

You're using RADIANCE to model *avocados*? Now that's resourceful!
I'll bet a lotta fellas around here would rather model veggies and fruit
than some bloody big buildings... :^)

> does any one have experince or know how to turn an extinction formula
>  ( i.e. I=Io*exp(-0.5x)    x being the distance) into mist parameters?

In this case 0.5 would correspond to the coefficient of extinction
specified with the MIST primitive or with the -me option.

See ya!

--Roland

--
Roland Schregle
PhD candidate, Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems

END OF LINE. (MCP)