[Radiance-general] Compiling Radiance under Interix (rpict problems)

Andy Stone [email protected]
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 14:23:26 -0000

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3A928.89726F30

Hi,

I'm currently using Radiance compiled to run under Windows Services for Unix
(Interix) and am attempting to upgrade from my current version (3.1) to the
latest version (3.5).  I have managed to get 3.5 to compile without any
errors (except for trad and rholo, which I'm not too worried about right
now), however I am experiencing problems when using rpict.  The other
components (rtrace, rview, etc) seem to be working correctly (or at least
producing results similar to my previous installation) however the images
produced rpict are looking very strange (and very different to rview).

It is kind of hard to describe the results I am getting in plain text, but
if for example I use rpict to produce a fisheye view of a CIE overcast sky
then it produces a luminance pattern that starts off from the horizon
getting brighter as it heads towards the zenith before suddenly dropping to
zero about a third of the way up from where it increases again until about
2/3rds up where it drops to zero again, so the luminance distribution from
horizon to zenith looks something like a saw tooth (rather than smoothly
increasing from horizon to zenith as it should).  I get a similar effect
across surfaces when I render more complex scenes.  The same scene with the
same settings works on the older version of rpict.  The effect is as if a
variable somewhere is increasing beyond its maximum range and wrapping back
around to zero.

I'd be very grateful for any help as to what the problem might be (and how I
can fix it).  Perhaps there is some compiler switch that I need to set?

Kind regards,

Andy Stone

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3A928.89726F30

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DUS-ASCII">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Compiling Radiance under Interix (rpict problems)</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hi,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I'm currently using Radiance compiled to run under =
Windows Services for Unix (Interix) and am attempting to upgrade from =
my current version (3.1) to the latest version (3.5).&nbsp; I have =
managed to get 3.5 to compile without any errors (except for trad and =
rholo, which I'm not too worried about right now), however I am =
experiencing problems when using rpict.&nbsp; The other components =
(rtrace, rview, etc) seem to be working correctly (or at least =
producing results similar to my previous installation) however the =
images produced rpict are looking very strange (and very different to =
rview).&nbsp; </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>It is kind of hard to describe the results I am =
getting in plain text, but if for example I use rpict to produce a =
fisheye view of a CIE overcast sky then it produces a luminance pattern =
that starts off from the horizon getting brighter as it heads towards =
the zenith before suddenly dropping to zero about a third of the way up =
from where it increases again until about 2/3rds up where it drops to =
zero again, so the luminance distribution from horizon to zenith looks =
something like a saw tooth (rather than smoothly increasing from =
horizon to zenith as it should).&nbsp; I get a similar effect across =
surfaces when I render more complex scenes.&nbsp; The same scene with =
the same settings works on the older version of rpict.&nbsp; The effect =
is as if a variable somewhere is increasing beyond its maximum range =
and wrapping back around to zero.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I'd be very grateful for any help as to what the =
problem might be (and how I can fix it).&nbsp; Perhaps there is some =
compiler switch that I need to set?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Kind regards,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Andy Stone</FONT>
</P>