[Radiance-general] Trans Oddities Part Deux

alex summerfield [email protected]
Wed, 14 May 2003 11:46:31 +0100

Hi Rob

> My fear is that I'm simply trying to find too small a percentage of the
> available light, and relative comparisons between different shade
> materials will not be valid for this model. (?)  I mean, this test model
> still has two pieces of diffuse glass in it, and the skylight is prety
> small, so already the building form/glazing is removing a ton of light
> from the space.  Then when I start throwing shades in the skylight
> cavity, we're getting down to really tiny fractions of the exterior
> light.  I dunno, I'd love to hear any thoughts.

If there is some error with the indirect calculation arising from the
settings and very low light levels you may be able to pick this up by
radically scaling up the light coming from the sources, then pfilt down the
results by the same factor.

cheers
alex

A. J. Summerfield                 [email protected]
Faculty of Architecture, University of Sydney
Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.       Groucho Marx