[Radiance-general] Assistance required with Rendering error / random numbers

Carsten Bauer [email protected]
Tue, 6 May 2003 12:13:11 +0000

On Tuesday 06 May 2003 09:38, Peter Apian-Bennewitz wrote:

>  From an inside viewpoint  through a window, the radiance distribution
> is very much stepwise in reality, isn't it ?

But what about the finite diameter of the sun? Ok, well, let's stop this...:-)
Those occurrences, where the lighting can be perfectly approximated by - or
more or less really is -  a stepwise function normally don't cause any
problem. I solely meant diffuse and smoothly distributed lighting which is
cut into pieces and randomly thrown into the room by some MonteCarlo Chopper

-cb