[Radiance-general] aiming illums, orthographic projection, and hiding surfaces

Rob Guglielmetti [email protected]
Thu, 01 May 2003 15:06:56 -0400

John An wrote:
> Thanks Rob and Randolph for your help.
>
> First off, de-triangulating the illums did the trick; no more aiming problems.

Actually, this brings up a question I have for the list.  What to do if
you have a warped plane that is a skylight?  I mean, I can draw it as a
warped parallelogram, but Radout is gonna split it into two long thin
triangles, and I'll get the aiming failure.  Do you use LOTS of
triangles to approximate the warp, or is there some other way?

----

      Rob Guglielmetti

e. [email protected]
w. www.rumblestrip.org