[Radiance-general] Perez Sky for Daylight Simulation

Roland Schregle [email protected]
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 13:53:43 +0200

Greg Ward wrote:

> If you haven't done so already, I strongly recommend you read the
> chapter in "Rendering with Radiance" authored by John Mardaljevic,
> which goes into some detail regarding daylight simulations.  His thesis
> is an even better reference, if you can get a copy.  I didn't see a
> link to it on his website, but there are lots of other useful
> references there:
>
>         http://www.iesd.dmu.ac.uk/~jm/

I obtained a PDF of John's thesis online. Infact, I'm pretty sure it was
available from his website, but maybe that's changed now. Anyway, if
Joerg can't find it, I've got it.

Other than that, I really can't think of any useful validation
references either. My eggs-perience[tm] was that, once you're in
RealLife[tm] territory... you're on your own, mate! There is no compass,
and don't rely on your intuition either. I chucked mine overboard early
on when I embarked on this voyage.

--Roland

--
END OF LINE. (MCP)