[Radiance-general] calculating transmissivity

Georg Mischler [email protected]
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 14:20:49 -0500 (EST)

[email protected] wrote:

> I am having trouble calculating the correct transmissity values to use
> within Radiance.
>
> The transmittance values i need to calculate from are 0.46 and 0.70. Can
> someone please tell me what the corresponding transmissivity values will
> be?
> I am trying to use a formula from the Rayfront website, but I am getting
> some strange results...

I'm assuming here that you're talking about the glass primitive.
The formula in ray.pdf is formatted in a slightly confusing way.
There's an unambiguous graphic version to be found here:

http://www.schorsch.com/rayfront/manual/dielectricdef.html#glass

-schorsch

--
Georg Mischler  --  simulations developer  --  schorsch at schorsch com
+schorsch.com+  --  lighting design tools  --  http://www.schorsch.com/