[Radiance-general] Official Radiance 3.5 release

Greg Ward [email protected]
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 12:32:07 -0800

Well, I'm a few weeks late from my initial target, but I hope this new
release is worth the wait.  I've uploaded the official 3.5 version of
Radiance to the LBNL website, accessible via the main Download link
from:

	http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance

The prominent differences between this release and 3.4 are the addition
of ANSI-C prototypes to the core libraries, and the creation of a new
animation program (ranimove) and a new mesh primitive (mesh).  I have
also updated the HTML reference manual to match the troff version, and
fixed the nasty avlmemi bug, at long last.  For full details of what
has been changed and added since 3.4, see the release notes:

	http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/refer/Notes/ReleaseNotes.html

Note that we have a new, OpenSource license agreement in place, also
accessible from the Download page.  I have posted the compiled 3.5
binaries for Mac OS X, but am waiting on others to contribute binaries
for Linux, SGI, and Sun machines.  (Volunteers?)  I understand that it
compiles without difficulty under Linux, but I don't have access to a
Linux machine myself at the moment.

If you are interested in source code developments and CVS availability,
subscribe to the radiance-dev mailing list at:

	http://www.radiance-online.org

Enjoy!
-Greg