[Radiance-general] obj2mesh -> oconv question

Georg Mischler [email protected]
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 18:53:25 -0400 (EDT)

bob coyne wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to learn Radiance and got stuck with the following error
> using oconv on a mesh which I created using obj2mesh.
>
> oconv: fatal - (test.rtm): undefined modifier "obj2mesh"
>
> [...]
>
> $ oconv test.rtm > test.oct
> oconv: fatal - (test.rtm): undefined modifier "obj2mesh"

You did study the obj2mesh man page, right?

   Obj2mesh reads a Wavefront .OBJ file from input.obj (or the
   standard input) and compiles it into a RADIANCE triangle mesh,
   which is sent to output.rtm (or standard output). [...] This
   mesh may be included in a RADIANCE scene description via the
   mesh primitive, thus:

         mod mesh id
         1+ output.rtm [xform args]
         0
         0

A compiled mesh file is not a normal Radiance scene file,
so you can't feed it directly into oconv. Use a mesh
primitive as explained in the man page and make sure
that it points to the right file. Then let oconv process
the file containing the mesh primitive.

-schorsch

--
Georg Mischler  --  simulations developer  --  schorsch at schorsch com
+schorsch.com+  --  lighting design tools  --  http://www.schorsch.com/