[Radiance-general] Building Radiance 3.5 on Tru64

Colin Bannister [email protected]
Wed, 02 Jul 2003 10:15:43 +0100

Hello,

Has anyone any experience building Radiance 3.5 on Compaq tru64
systems ?  I am trying this, and having some difficulty.

Initially, I was getting errors in the librt build due to conflicting
definitions of random functions.  I have cut down the file random.h
to a minimum (included below) and now can get all the programs built
without errors (although warnings are quite numerous).

On running the oconv program on a file cut from the tutorial I get:

cropwell2$ /opt/pkg/radiance/bin/oconv room.rad
#?RADIANCE
/opt/pkg/radiance/bin/oconv room.rad
FORMAT=Radiance_octree

/opt/pkg/radiance/bin/oconv: fatal - bad # arguments for light "bright"

the room.rad is also included below.  Any advice would be welcome.

regards,

Colin Bannister

room.rad:

#
#  My first scene.
#
#
# The basic primitive format is:
#
# modifier TYPE identifier
# number_string_arguments [string arguments...]
# number_integer_arguments [integer arguments...]
# number_real_arguments [real arguments...]
#
# The special modifier "void" means no modifier.
# TYPE is one of a finite number of predefined types, and
# the meaning of the arguments following is determined by
# this type.  (See RADIANCE Reference Manual for details.)
# The identifier may be used as a modifier later
# in this file or in files following this one.
# All values are separated by white space
# (spaces, tabs, newlines).
#

# this is the material for my light source:

void light bright
0
0
3  100  100  100
#  red_emission  green_emission  blue_emission  #

# this is the material for my test ball:

void plastic red_plastic
0
0
5  .7  .05  .05  .05  .05
#  red  green  blue  specularity  roughness  #

# here is the light source:

bright sphere fixture
0
0
4  2  1  1.5  .125
#  xcent  ycent  zcent  radius  #

# here is the ball:
red_plastic sphere ball
0
0
4  .7  1.125  .625  .125

random.h:

/* RCSid $Id: random.h,v 2.9 2003/02/25 02:47:21 greg Exp $ */
/*
 *  random.h - header file for random(3) and urand() function.
 */

#include "copyright.h"

#define frandom() random()

#define urand(i) frandom()

extern unsigned short	*urperm;

--

Dr. Colin Bannister
Information Services		Tel:  0115 9513326