[Radiance-general] Re: animation format

Greg Ward [email protected]
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 08:51:49 -0800

Hi Gurneet,

I can't answer your first question as I know nothing about available
tools for movie conversion under Linux, but I'm sure there's something,
somewhere.  On a Mac, you would need the "professional" version of
QuickTime to do this, I think.

Regarding a fish-eye lens, there are two types built into rpict --
hemispherical and angular fisheye projections.  These are explained
(along with everything else) in the rpict man page.  If you have
trouble looking at this from the distribution, try the website:

	http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/man_html/whatis.html

Note however that some of these will be out of date, since the website
has not been synchronized with the release in many a moon.