[Radiance-general] animation format

Lars O. Grobe [email protected]
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 12:11:00 +0100

Hi!

> thanx for the previous mail abt generating the frmaes for animation.i have
> generated the frames , could u please guide me how to convert them into
> mpeg format or any other video format . is there any software available in
> linux that does this .

There are quite a lot of encoders. Imagemagick can do it as well as convert
between image formats (it even reads radiance pictures). A very powerful tool
to encode or convert video is ffmpeg, it has support for a lot of file
formats (e.g. avi, mpg, mpg4, and images) and really lots of codecs (e.g.
mpg, mpg4 / "divx", ...). You should really take a look at this!

> Also , i want to simulate a fish eye lens , i want to place the camera with
> fish eye lens on the ceiling so that i can get the view of the whole room
> which later i want to do some image processing on it .
> so if u could send me the details abt fish eye lens , it would be of great
> help

That's how I used the projection:

rpict -vta -vh 360 -vv 360 -vp 0 0 1.6 -vd 1 0 0 octree.oct > image.unf

The result will be not a fisheye, but a view to every angle, 360 degrees
vertically as well as horizontally. So you might try:

rpict -vta -vh 360 -vv 180 -vp 0 0 3 -vd 1 0 0 octree.oct > image.unf
(angular fisheye)

rpict -vth -vh 180 -vv 180 -vp 0 0 3 -vd 1 0 0 octree.oct > image.unf
(hemispherical fisheye)

But, I think you should simply try what you need, using the different
projections (that's how I do this ;-) And use man rpict - there is a lot of
info...

CU, Lars.