[Radiance-general] Panther Shell questions

Georg Mischler [email protected]
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 14:12:45 -0500 (EST)

Fitzsimmons, Rob wrote:

> I get an error:
> Unknown option: "-ps"
>
> yet when I run rview directly it works
> rview -vf qtvr.vp -ab 2 -ps 2 -af Nov15.amb nov15.oct
>
> I'm a little slow, but I'm asuming this is the conflict with rview and vi?

Possibly, although it would be strange for rad to call a different
rview binary than you do manually.

> Greg says to run radcollisions.csh - which is supposed to look for conflicts
> with rview?
> don't know how... tried
> robfitzs% ./radcollisions.csh
> tcsh: ./radcollisions.csh: Permission denied.
> Ok. so I try
> sudo ./radcollisions.csh
> Password: *****
> sudo: ./radcollisions.csh: command not found

% tcsh ./radcollisions.csh

Your file doesn't have execute rights. You could use "chmod"
to change that, but feeding it directly to the interpreter
is more straightforward.

-schorsch

--
Georg Mischler  --  simulations developer  --  schorsch at schorsch com
+schorsch.com+  --  lighting design tools  --  http://www.schorsch.com/