[Radiance-general] Blender (was: RADIANCE pmap 3.13 on CYGWIN)

[email protected] [email protected]
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 23:59:22 +0200

Georg Mischler <[email protected]> wrote:

> You know Jan Walters work, right?
>
>   http://www.q-bus.de/Blender/download.html
>
> All of that isn't brand new, and I don't know if he has worked on
> it since then, but it may be worth looking into that stuff.

Thanks for the reference.
Of course I know it, and my work is based on some of his code.

There is also another guy who has used Jan's code to build a
minimal export GUI to Radiance:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/rayae1/tutorial.htm

Jan only released a static scene exporter, while I'm working on
an export python module that saves animations, walkthroughs,
sun studies etc.
My module also has a GUI and initial library support.

You can see a preview image here:

http://www.dream.unipa.it/dream/pub/dot/anselmo/radiance/img/brad_preview.png

The supported languages will be italian and english, at
least at this development stage.

Hope to release its first development snapshot in September ...

Francesco.