[Radiance-general] 3.5 compilation woes

Rob Guglielmetti [email protected]
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 12:40:09 -0400

Hi gang,

THanks for the swift replies, both on and offlist.  I have tried your
suggestions, but now I have a new problem: my screen is totally black.
;-)

The suggested PATH problem is not the cause, I don't believe, because I
compiled to the same locations as I had 3.4.  Everything is where is
was before.  So, I grabbed the .rpm installer that Mr. Anselmo set up,
and was about 98% done with that when the power went out in my NYC
office.  Thanks for the tip on how to save the STDERR, Georg, I would
really like to compile the source rather than using the precompiled
binaries, so I will try your suggestions when the electrons begin
flowing once again.

P.S.
It took my wife & I nine and a half hours to get home last night.  But,
with no electricity in the office even today, I get a free day off.
=8-)  And since about 80% of the people in Manhattan that were trying
to get to New Jersey were all located at a single ferry terminal at
39th Street, the chances were good that I should run into a friend I
used to work with at a bike shop ten years ago, which is exactly what
happened.  As an added bonus, I had several hours to kill, so we got
all caught up on things.  =8-)

Rob Guglielmetti
[email protected]
www.rumblestrip.org