[Radiance-general] 3.5 compilation woes

Rob Guglielmetti [email protected]
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 15:15:23 -0400

I'm having one of those days.

I want to upgrade to 3.5, since I'm starting to play with ies2rad and I
know there were some major bugfixes since 3.4.  I had problems with the
makeall script back when 3.5 was released, so I just kept on using 3.4,
but I recall Greg fixed a few more things in the script so I thought I'd
try again.  Here's what happenned:

Script seems to work, at least it no longer fails with an "if syntax"
error when answering the questions.  Rejoyce.

Compile process flies along, but spewed a few errors.  Where is the
compile log?  Maybe I can find the answer to my problems there, but I
don't know where it lives.

OK, so I figure I have no time to dilly-dally with this.  Grab the
binaries, install.  Stuff doesn't work.

Reset permissions/ownership in the binaries, other stuff doesn't work.
Specifically, rview complains it can't find rayinit.cal.

Reset permissions/ownership on the library files (including
rayinit.cal), same stuff still don't work.  ~8-\

So, now I have a busted system.  Anyone got any clues for clueless over
here?

----

      Rob Guglielmetti

e. [email protected]